Once a set of root inoculated plants reaches three weeks of age, transfer the plants to a 0.5L pot and fill using the green house soil. (The green house soil is a mixture of a of 1:2 store soil and metromix soil)
- Six weeks after the plants are transferred, each plant needs to be surfaced sterilized by washing roots and stalk for 40 seconds in 10% bleach and then washing in dd H2O. Leaves should be washed for 30 seconds in 10% bleach and then washed in dd H2O.
- Plate the plant parts in Acid ½ PDA with Hygromycin and Ampicillin.
- Add 19.5g of PDA to 1L of dd H2O
- Once the media reaches 55°C, add in this order 130ml of Hygromycin, 1ml Ampicillin and 1.47 ml of sterile lactic acid.
- Two days after plating, begin observing the plates for fungal growth. Make slides of these and identify under a microscope.