This site hosts information about fungal bioinformatics, genomics and molecular biology research by Michael Thon and Serenella Sukno. We are part of the Genetics group at CIALE (Instituto Hispano-Luso de Investigaciones Agrarias), University of Salamanca.
- Con-Ciencia! Dr A.M Robledo and PhD student F.B. Cuevas from the genetics group of CIALE participate in the “Con-Ciencia” project promoted by the City Council of Carbajosa de la Sagrada (Salamanca), Ciudad de los Niños (UNICEF). They presented the world of fungi, pathogenic fungi and a DNA extraction demonstration to 75 fourth and fifth grade students.
- Welcome Mariana! We wish to welcome the latest member of our team, Mariana Robledo, who joins us from the Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí (UASLP), México. Welcome Mariana!
- Welcome Marco! We welcome Marco Bucolo from the University of Pisa, Italy to CIALE. Marco started to work in the Genetics lab of CIALE on his Master’s thesis on Colletotrichum lupini in a collaboration between the University of Pisa and the University of Salamanca.
- Outstanding doctoral research award to JM Sanz-Martín! Our past student José María Sanz Martín was just awarded the premio extraordinario de doctorado award for outstanding research during his Ph.D. research. Congratulations Jose!
- A new publication in collaboration with researchers from NC State Univ. USA. Evidence of mixotrophic carbon-capture by n-butanol-producer Clostridium beijerinckii Abstract Recent efforts to combat increasing greenhouse gas emissions include their capture into advanced biofuels, such as butanol. Traditionally, biobutanol research has been centered solely on its generation from sugars. Our results show partial re-assimilation of CO2 and H2 by n-butanol-producer C. beijerinckii. This was detected as synchronous CO2/H2 ...