This site hosts information about fungal bioinformatics, genomics and molecular biology research by Michael Thon and Serenella Sukno. We are part of the Genetics group at CIALE (Instituto Hispano-Luso de Investigaciones Agrarias), University of Salamanca.
- Outstanding doctoral research award to JM Sanz-Martín! Our past student José María Sanz Martín was just awarded the premio extraordinario de doctorado award for outstanding research during his Ph.D. research. Congratulations Jose!
- A new publication in collaboration with researchers from NC State Univ. USA. Evidence of mixotrophic carbon-capture by n-butanol-producer Clostridium beijerinckii Abstract Recent efforts to combat increasing greenhouse gas emissions include their capture into advanced biofuels, such as butanol. Traditionally, biobutanol research has been centered solely on its generation from sugars. Our results show partial re-assimilation of CO2 and H2 by n-butanol-producer C. beijerinckii. This was detected as synchronous CO2/H2 ...
- PINESTRENGTH Training School Profesor Michael Thon from the genetics group of CIALE participated in a Training School on Next generation Sequencing PINESTRENGTH COST Action at Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenierías Agrarias (ETSIIAA) at Palencia, Spain
- Thesis Defense: Jose Sanz Our Ph.D. student Jose Sanz-Martín recently defended his thesis titled, “Study and functional characterization of effectors implicated in the Colletotrichum graminicola-maize interaction.” Congratulations Jose!
- Gene family expansions and contractions are associated with host range in plant pathogens of the genus Colletotrichum Riccardo Baroncelli, Daniel Buchvaldt Amby, Antonio Zapparata, Sabrina Sarrocco, Giovanni Vannacci, Gaétan Le Floch, Richard J. Harrison, Eric Holub, Serenella A. Sukno, Surapareddy Sreenivasaprasad and Michael R. Thon. 2016. Gene family expansions and contractions are associated with host range in plant pathogens of the genus Colletotrichum. BMC Genomics 17:555. Abstract Background Many species belonging to the genus Colletotrichum cause anthracnose disease on ...